Welcome to the Young Physicians & Residents section of the PACEP website. If you are transitioning from residency to private or academic practice, this section is meant for you. It is geared toward emergency physicians in their first 10 years of practice.
Since 1971, PACEP has been promoting the delivery of quality emergency medical care to patients and supporting the professional endeavors of emergency physicians. As a young physician, we would like to inform you of the wealth of information and opportunity available to you as a PACEP member.
- PACEP supports patients and physicians through political advocacy.
- PACEP provides members with quality and affordable CME courses. These include the oral and written board review, trauma, and computerizing your emergency department programs. Annually, PACEP hosts the Scientific Assembly consisting of national guest lecturers, procedural workshops, and a research competition.
- PACEP is committed to keeping you informed via our electronic newsletter. There are opportunities for you to contribute your valuable opinions to our 1,500+ members.
- PACEP's Young Physicians’ Committee is dedicated to enriching your professional life through membership.
- The Young Physicians’ Committee successfully hosts networking and mentoring events at the national ACEP Scientific Assembly, PACEP Scientific Assembly, and plans to hold future events.
- As a young physician, we hope that you will take advantage of all that PACEP has to offer including the 50% membership discount as a first year Attending. As always, we welcome your input. We encourage you to join our Young Physicians’ Committee. If you have any suggestions or you would like to join our committee, please email our committee Chair, Jake Kleinman, MD.
Visit the ACEP website for more information on their Young Physician and Resident Section.